This guidance has been issued by the Department for Education:
Guidance on how to provide supported internships for young people with special educational needs and an education, health, and care (EHC) plan.
This is guidance about creating study programmes for young people with:
- an education, health, and care plan
- a learning difficulty assessment or statement of special educational needs issued before September 2014
It also includes information about applying for Access to Work funding.
The guidance applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- local authorities
- academies and free schools
- independent schools
- sixth-form colleges
- further education colleges
It will also be of interest to:
- local authorities as they determine their Local Offer, as required by the Children and Families Act
- other bodies, such as supported employment agencies, who may be working with a learning provider as a key partner